STMicroelectronics
www.st.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Bad management with excellent engineers

Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEngineers are excellent and working very hard. The vacation policy is as flexible as European company can. You could take 4-5 weeks off in a row. MEMS is being dominated by STM worldwide.

ConsEngineering talents suffer from mismanagement. Upper management cannot let redundant employees in Europe because of the tight labor environment. Therefore, STM carries all financial burdens to maintain more than 50K people.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to learn how to boost morale

Great internship experience in a very friendly environment where everyone was willing to help!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at STMicroelectronics as an intern for less than a year

Pros: -People experts in their field! -You do proper work/projects which are all… Cons: -A bit far from central Bristol Advice to Senior Management: Application process to take place earlier in the year if… More

consultant

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Agrate Brianza (Italy)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It's close to my home, it's international, it's an advanced company.… Cons: The salary is low, the internship and the consultants are widely used. The… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti. All reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees.