Salesforce

www.salesforce.com
  www.salesforce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

salesforce is a fun place to work - always at the forefront of exciting technology

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- fun & incredibly smart people
- easy to feel connected to the organization
- leader in the CRM/Technology space

Cons

- sales can be a high-stress job

1052 Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce (View Most Recent)

Growing Politics, non technology company

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Very good benefits, definitely not comparable to google, facebook or even yahoo
    2. Good culture inherited from CEO Marc unless your team is not good.
    3. Enthusiastic place, positive energy around. People of bit more dynamic personality

Cons

1. You have to bear hell of politics
    2. It was different when I started but now many of managers lie about promotions, bonus and green card process I think they purposefully delay so that they can retain employees. If they know you can not switch then they will give not give raise or agreed bonus as well. It happened with me.
    3. Its not a technology company. There are multiple CTOs, my group CTO does not even know current technologies, they try to solve big data problems using PL/SQL and will force you to do the same even if you know Hadoop technologies or other upcoming technologies.
    4. The promotion is based on number of check-ins you can make and managers openly tell that. Its absolutely not related whether you checked in test or some stupid UI / xml fix or a routine to mine billions of events to generate recommendations. How dumb management can be in technical aspect?
    5. Most of the product managers and product directors are jokers, they decide future product direction and design with no technical background. They talk about topic extraction using UI and static categories.
    6. Its all gonna go downhill with a burst of existing big customers leaving because product is good but page load performance sucks big time or if good technology company comes as a competitor. Its just a matter of time when it is going downhill.

You suck because you can only survive by playing politics and sharing profit among yourselves

The money making boat has sailed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great location at One Market St. across from the Ferry Building. Most people are getting moved to 50 Fremont though which is not as nice.
    There is an ESPP program that can be very rewarding depending on when you got in, and the facilities themselves are nice.
    Great collaboration with internal utilization of "Chatter"

Cons

While at SFDC I joined just in time to get RSUs, however, I cashed it all out when it hit $150+ and there really isn't money to be made via stock anymore. At my level they didn't do any refreshes of stock, so once you get it, that's it. At higher levels (SVP+) you could make some money, but it's like that at every other tech company in the valley.

I don't have much faith in their product growth either. They have penetrated most of the market and there aren't many new logos coming down the pipeline. Most sales are with existing customers with newly acquired products.

Speaking of acquisitions, the M&A strategy of buying everything in sight doesn't seem to be working that well, especially with the new senior convertible notes they are issuing. It is difficult to understand what the product roadmap is going to be like if they keep acquiring random products. Maybe Marc has some tricks up his sleeve, but it's not very clear right now.

I agree with some prior comments about having to conform. When I joined several years ago, it was easy to speak your mind and get things changed, but nowadays it's all about conformity and agreeing with people.

The performance process is not that good either. They go through a V2MOM process (you can find out more on the web about it) and it literally takes me an entire day to fill it out. They have changed things a bit with "Work.com," but it's just that, work.

IT Helpdesk is also not very good in my opinion. There is no walk-up station to get things fixed, you have to call a phone number or open a ticket, then wait until an analyst gets back to you. My first week took a couple dozen helpdesk tickets to get up to speed. There was one day my computer was on the fritz and it took literally an entire workday to get it resolved because there was no walk up station.

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce