A job is a job

Former Employee - Collector  in  Muncie, IN (US)
Former Employee - Collector in Muncie, IN (US)

I worked at Sallie Mae

Pros

I was an excellent collector. If you can hit goal, you will make alot of money. On the federal side Student Assistance Corporation (SAC) when you hit goal you get $400.00

Cons

You have to spend alot of time there to hit goal. Management wants you to live there because by you hitting your goal they hit theres. They want you to work 55+ hours a week and make you feel bad when you dont.

Listen to the collectors more. The collectors know what works and dosent. Change the scheduling too. This is one of the few call centers where you work weekends!

Other Reviews for Sallie Mae

Think before you leap.....

I have been working at Sallie Mae

Pros

The benefits are comporable with other organizations of a similar size such as health care, dental, vision and paid time off.

Cons

If you are interested in working for a corporate giant, this is the place for you. Senior Management is concerned with one thing - cutting costs and keeping share price up. Overall, I do not feel my opinions matter, nor are my ideas taken seriously. It was extremely disappointing when Sallie Mae purchased the organization that I was working for several years ago.

Everything was great up to about 2008.

Former Employee - Customer Profile Services Analyst
    Former Employee - Customer Profile Services Analyst

I worked at Sallie Mae

Pros

They do have a good benefits package. Every department I worked in recognized good job performance and rewarded it accordingly.

Cons

The company went through tremendous change with a lot of downsizing over the last couple of years. Changes aren't always effectively communicated by upper management.

Keep the lines of communication open, especially in hard times. It would make the employees more at ease.

There are newer employer reviews for Sallie Mae.

Worked for Sallie Mae? Contribute to the Community!