Sallie Mae
www.salliemae.com Newark, DE 5000+ Employees

Good Place to Work

Customer Care Agent (Former Employee)
Fishers, IN (US)

I worked at Sallie Mae

ProsThe salary is fair for the position. Most positions have weekends off and the latest shift end time is 9 pm. Also, this location had several conveniences on-site, such as a store and a buffet-style cafeteria.

ConsAs anyone who has ever worked at a call center knows, the call center life can become very redundant as the day to day is the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time with agents and less time hiding behind the desk. The only complaint that I have about my experience at Sallie Mae is that the supervisors did not spend much time with their agents.

Good people struggling to turn the ship to calmer waters.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Fishers, IN (US)

I worked at Sallie Mae

Pros: Nice facilities and clean workspace. Onsite fitness center and full service cafeteria. Flexibility to work from home… Cons: Perpetual downsizing and layoffs due to the loss of FFELP business model. Company is struggling to create new business lines to replace… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to develop "innovative" products that students and parents do not need.… More

A job is a job

Collector (Former Employee)
Muncie, IN (US)

I worked at Sallie Mae

Pros: I was an excellent collector. If you can hit goal, you will make alot of… Cons: You have to spend alot of time there to hit goal. Management wants you to live there because by you hitting… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the collectors more. The collectors know what works and dosent. Change the… More

There are newer reviews on Sallie Mae.

Worked for Sallie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sallie Mae reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sallie Mae CEO John (Jack) F. Remondi. All reviews posted anonymously by Sallie Mae employees.