There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE (US)
Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, lots of learning opportunities, flexible hours.

Cons

Improvement can be done in the operational infrastructure.

782 Other Employee Reviews for Schneider Electric (View Most Recent)

Too Big To Care About Field Techs

Current Employee - Field Technician in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Long Island City, NY (US)

I have been working at Schneider Electric as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Pay, we're paid by prevailing wage, which is competitive with union pay.
    Your autonomy, you are left alone as long as you do what is required of you.

Cons

There are many highly trained ex-military maintainers and operators employed in this division which are not being used to their fullest level. Skills are being wasted, knowledge, and prior reflexive abilities are rusting. The challenge and joy of working with your hands and learning new skills is removed by monotonous tasks and fixes. It's easy, but at the cost of your pride and spirit.
    The hours are terrible, two shifts 0500-1400 and 1400-2300, with rotating scheduled days. Families fall apart under these conditions.

You're unlikely to be see any advancement in position unless you're Asian. There are public court records alleging management of this, but the case was dismissed because there was, "too much time" between incidents, according to the judge. The organizational culture is one of cliques, and nonstandard "ethical standards." The quality of work suffers because this is a dead-end job and there is little incentive more than the pay.

There aren't vacation or sick days, but "Paid Time Off" and unless you have four or more years you don't receive anymore than the fourteen with which you began. Our division has been sold numerous time not allowing us to accrue time to earn more days.

Supervisors and management are only concerned with looking good to grow the contract, and unconcerned with the morale of the field techs.

Open up positions for advancement and from there your service will improve with little effort from management.

Overworked and Overlooked, but Optimistic

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I'm never bored at work, and have lots of opportunities to learn new skills and meet new people. I'm proud of the company's "energy access" and sustainable development programs, its focus on green products, and its leading edge energy management software and solutions.

Cons

I and many of my colleagues are paid less than we should be -- some of us considerably less. Everyone I know loves our CEO, but the executives under him are often unpredictable, unreasonable and unkind.

Reevaluate your approach to identifying and retaining talented employees. The attitude seems to be, "If you think you're worth more, prove it by getting another job offer." The reality is that nobody I work with would go out and get a competing offer just to negotiate a higher salary. If we get a better offer, we're gone.

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric