Scholastic

www.scholastic.com

Great potential. Dysfunctional atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood salary. good benefits. great products. wonderful peers. great office location. great name on your resume. great to do work that will delight kids.

Consdysfunctional, mean and manipulative managers at the higher levels in the education department. management decisions bloat and bust budgets. goals of executive and marketing decisions sometimes at odds with needs of children and teachers.

Advice to Senior ManagementShed dysfunctional managers. Be able to tell who is better at managing up than managing down. That way, your company won't be a revolving door anymore.

It's just so bad

Senior Editor (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

I worked at Scholastic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I really, really liked some (about 10%) of the people here. I met some lovely co-workers who I am still friends with to this day.… Cons: So many. Where to begin: I was there for almost four years and while the first year was OK - I left because I got frustrated… Advice to Senior Management: None. They would not listen anyhow. More

A well known company with out-dated ideas

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Scholastic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: HIstoric company, many people believe greatly in its mission. Cons: People are paid to complete tasks. Forward-thinking projects or new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Scholastic.

Worked for Scholastic? Contribute to the Community!