There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Hit or Miss

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers were great. They made the day go by faster. It's retail, so it's always a hit or miss with customers. Even if you weren't working commission you could earn a little more by selling some POS merch

Cons

Biased management --- If they don't like you, they'll cut your hours.
Credit Applications --- As part of your job, you have to get people to sign up for sears credit cards. You have to ask everyone to sign up for it, it doesn't matter if they already have $5000 balance on another sears card or they can't speak english.

Don't forget when you were on the front line. And if I call you, there's obviously a problem that requires your help or "expertise".

3871 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

typical retail job

I worked at Sears

Pros

good scheduling, not too much extra work asked of you

Cons

management doesnt explain processes very often

Absolute worst.

Current Employee - APC  in  Hendersonville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - APC in Hendersonville, TN (US)

I have been working at Sears part-time for more than a year

Pros

None 7.25$ part time but works you 38 hours then cuts them randomly

Cons

Where to start. The building is old and moldy they over charge their customers with crappy clothing that we are to hide all prices lower to mark them up. Much of the clothing we process and put on the sales floor is used gross stuff you would be supprised they let people return. Human waste has been found numerous occations.
    Employees are judged not by how well they work but by how well they pretend to like the people higher then them and I've seen people work their butts off to be humiliated in front of all the other employees by the management who absolutely love telling us we all don't work hard Enaugh one day then the next that we are the best just to yell at everyone for not making an unrealistic quota.
    I've seen people promoted after two weeks who can't do any of the basic jobs because they sat at the leads desk and talked about their daughters the whole time.
    It makes everyone there so mad at how the place is ran.
    People who go and try to work get shoved to the side and blamed when stuff isn't done and when it does get done the higher ups take all the credit and think their amazing.
    This place I wouldn't wish on people I hated and I hope they clean out all the management and soon or it's going to fail.

Clean out your management
    You have some great workers but your treating them like crap because they don't kiss your butt. And on the flip side your promoting and treating some of the crappiest workers I've ever seen just because they tell you what you want to hear then talk behind you.
    Really the HR is even useless and was unable to help anyone about taxes even when thy messed up several people's forms.
    They had to find the answers on google after she told them it was impossible.
    I feel like I could go forever. Just sum it up with. Don't bother going unless they make changes

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!