Sendero Business Services

www.senderoconsulting.com

A great company that lives their values and invests in their employees and community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Sendero Business Services is a great places to work! If you are looking for a company with people who like to work hard but have fun while doing it, then this is the place for you. The home office, located in the center of downtown Dallas, is vibrant and full of color with several painting around the office from one of their charities.

The client work is challenging and it is exciting to watch the company as it grows and expands. The senior management is invested in the success of the company and works hard to maintain the culture they set out to create. Everyone at Sendero works hard to display the five core vaules of shared succes, passion, higher reaching, integrity, and respect in their work and with each other. Futhermore, there are many ways to make a direct impact and get your voice heard.

Cons

As a growing company, Sendero don't have the ability to offer some of the benefits of a larger corporation. However, there are many opportunities to get involved on internal projects and build out a variety of skills that you would not get at a larger consulting firm. Futhermore, the interaction you get with senior management at Sendero is truley unique.

Keep doing what you are doing and living out your core values.

Sendero Business Services Response

Jul 30, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Hi there and thanks for the feedback!
We are delighted to hear that you’re enjoying the office; we love it too. We are also glad that you’ve experienced our core values first hand. We passionately
... More

Other reviews for Sendero Business Services

A Company Going Places

Pros

- Outstanding team of people
    Sendero has a real knack for recruiting talent, they attract highly qualified professionals and college recruits who are motivated and driven. The team always helps each other out, even if it's someone outside of your project there is always someone eager to give some advice and guidance based on their experiences. Everyone, especially leadership, understands the meaning of "check your title at the door" so that everyone can learn from each other and have an equal say.
    - Great career growth and potential
    I hope to retire from Sendero, that should say it all.
    - Challenging but fun work
    As a consulting firm, there are a wide variety of projects and work to be done. Your Career Advocate and other management team members will get to know you, ask what you are interested in and where you want to grow, and help provide you with the right opportunities. Interested in technology but a background in management? No worries, the team will help give you the right opportunities so that you can explore technology regardless of your background. The work is challenging, too, and Sendero likes to build their people up and provide them with stretch roles so that they can remain engaged.
    - Trustworthy senior leadership who truly care
    The leadership team at Sendero take a special interest in each employee, meeting with them and getting to know them. They get to know our passions and interests and follow-up with us. Upon promotion, I received hand-written cards in the mail from multiple members of our senior leadership, that was the cherry on top!
    - Incredible and special culture
    There is a culture committee specifically tasked with growing and nurturing the culture as the firm grows. There are quarterly meetings, monthly happy hours, a variety of athletic teams, and much more to keep everyone engaged and connected.

Cons

- Rapid growth means some growing pains
    The company is really taking off and is hiring in a lot of great talent in order to accomodate client demands. This is great news but there are some growing pains associated. The good news is that leadership really listens to people's concerns and works very dilligently to address comments/concerns. They will even follow-up with you to let you know status and next steps!
    - Client-driven deadlines sometimes means late/long hours
    At the end of the day, you are a consultant which means the client drives your deadlines. Sometimes these deadlines, coupled with most everyone's desire to over-deliver for the client, leads to long nights. The good news is that (1) the clients are wonderful and always appreciate your hard work and (2) the company really believes in a work-life balance. If you work really hard one night, you will be encouraged to leave early later in the week, everyone is looking out for your well-being (mentally and physically).

Keep doing what you're doing, you are creating something really special. I'm honored to be a member of your team.

Too good to be true

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

The people are all very friendly on the outset and sing praises of the family culture at Sendero. The office is in a fairly nice location and most of the business is concentrated in Dallas. Much effort is placed on making Sendero be the 'anti- big four' consulting company (claiming light travel and an understanding of a life/work balance) which, for the most part, does show.

Cons

I was drafted to this company because of their insistence on a unique, 'family-like' culture within a dynamic youthful company. This is completely true (the culture part, anyway)- as long as you prescribe to the same lifestyle and personal beliefs of the upper management (many of whom are directly related to Sendero's President or have been close with him prior to Sendero's founding). If you are a conservative, white individual whose professional aspirations reach no further than settling down as soon as possible with your heterosexual partner and 2.5 kids, then Sendero is the company for you. I say this only because many,many work lunches (some with the President of the company) revolved heavily around very specific, and unanimous, theological and political beliefs. I am usually an outspoken individual, but even I would feel extremely uncomfortable voicing my opinion in these situations. I would have continued to put up with this behavior if other aspects of the company were just spectacular, but that is not the case. This is an extremely green company and it shows; do not expect a very competitive salary or benefits. Other things that would be commonplace at a more established firm are overlooked aswell (i.e. parking- I'm not talking paid parking, I'm talking parking period. My offer letter included a 5 year old map of parking areas in downtown Dallas and a note that essentially said good luck). You can, however, expect many family cookouts where everyone can gush over everyone else's children. All in all, all I could think during my employment was 'I feel like my parents should work here.' Sendero may want to believe it is young and dynamic, but believe me it is not. I

There is not much advice to offer, as the management is very set on its ways. I would suggest starting with a more diverse set of employees. I think they also need to realize the family-centric, locally based atmosphere they care so much about, while appealing to the older employees, is not going to help them draw in and retain the younger professionals they are targeting for employment.

Sendero Business Services Response

Jul 30, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Hello, Thank you for the review! Although it has been several years, we wanted to take a moment to respond to some your observations.
    Diversity is very important to us at Sendero, we believe that we
    ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Sendero Business Services.

Worked for Sendero Business Services? Contribute to the Community!