Shaw Group

www.shawgrp.com

OK

Current Employee - Cost Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Cost Analyst in Charlotte, NC (US)

Pros

Large company, learning opportunity, Job stability relatively

Cons

Get pigeon holed, not the best employee sensitivity, benefits have scope of improvement

Pay attention to your meritorious employees, else u will lose them,

Other reviews for Shaw Group

Good company, learned a lot, good opportunities

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

Pros

A cool place to work. There are a lot of different areas to work in and people are helpful. I really learned a lot, it was my first office job and I got to see some of the different areas that I could push my career in. The pay was good, they work on a 9/80 schedule, which means you get every other friday off (9 hrs a day, on the friday that you do work, it's only 8 hrs) which was great especially in the summer time. there are lots of social activities throughout the year, at least when I was there.

Cons

Not much to say. I didn't really find any cons, probably the same gripes you'd find at all workplaces. there were lots of people who've been working there for years so if that's not something then I don't know what is.

Good Experience - That's IT!

Current Employee - AP Clerk  in  Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Current Employee - AP Clerk in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Pros

You can gain some good experience in the field you want to work in, and as long as you work, your job is secure.

Cons

The management is horrible - it is all based on friendships. None of them are educated or trained to be in a managerial position. Communication with employees is minimal. Pay is not competitive. Benefit package is ridiculous. You will get hired to do one thing, but if they find out you work hard, they will overload you with work and let others slack off. No opportunity for advancement if you don't know anybody. With the recent merger, many might not even have jobs. Raises are given every other year, and bonuses are unheard of.

REWARD YOUR GOOD WORKERS - OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE THEM :)

There are newer employer reviews for Shaw Group.

Worked for Shaw Group? Contribute to the Community!