There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly

A good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

- Positive work-life balance
- Perks and rewards such as snacks, fresh fruit, lunches in when working over the lunch hour
- Good people to work with, high quality, competent
- Leadership is approachable and cares for it's employees
- Provide interesting training opportunities, such as presentation skills and photoshop classes

Cons

- Frequent organizational changes result in lack of clarity around promotion path and career trajectory
- Favoritism within certain groups and preference given to certain groups/managers
- Can be tough to navigate the political landmines at times

- Be sure that all groups, no matter how big or small, are treated equitably
- Be sure managers have a set career path for their direct reports so that we minimize employee attrition

179 Other Employee Reviews for Shutterfly (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

The people I work with is top on my list. The people at Shutterfly are truly amazing. Its a culture of teamwork that is promoted from the top down. I really enjoy the team that I get to work with every day. I think we try to have fun in everything we do. I love our products, love our free employee codes and know that the customer always comes first.

Cons

Biggest con in my book is the amount of bonus for my position. I appreciate that we have a quarterly bonus program versus waiting until the end of the year. My only wish would be for a larger bonus percentage or differentiation based on your job level (employee, manager, director, etc). More stock options or equity would be nice as well. My former jobs have offered more in these areas then what Shutterfly has given to me.

Continue to be passionate and show your passion for what we do. I enjoy seeing our leaders be excited by new opportunities we are providing to our customers.

I really like working for this company

Current Employee - Lead  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Lead in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

Employer:
    cares about quality
    cares about employees
    lots of perks
    secure-coming is growing!
    Unlike places who talk the talk, Shutterfly does care about these things from top management down. They commit to their employees with lots of training.

Cons

Its seasonal, so there are lots of temporary workers hired by another company. There is lots of time spent training, often on folks who never come back again.

Communication at the lower level is sketchy. Shift Managers communicate different amounts, so lots of information is gained through the old rumour mill.

There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!