Sierra Nevada Corporation

www.sncorp.com
  www.sncorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Long time employee

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At SNC I have worked on many challenging projects. We get full support to accomplish the mission. I work with incredibly intelligent teammates. It is very satisfying when the things we build are deployed and help the men and women in the field. Pay and benefits are great too.

Cons

you have to be a motivated self starter to work in engineering here. Our informal motto is 'no slackers'. Is that a con?

keep the projects coming and add more motorcycle parking.

224 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation (View Most Recent)

Bring your "A" game!

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Sparks, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Sparks, NV (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

When I first joined SNC, I viewed the company as a stepping stone into one of the “big 3” prime contractors. Today, after nearly eight years of excitement, professional challenge and yes fun, the big guys have no attraction to me anymore. This company really does value the people who make it work.

Cons

none - this place is as good as it gets!

Awesome Job Opportunities in Clovis, NM

Current Employee - Technical Administrator in Clovis, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Administrator in Clovis, NM (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked with SNC more than two years and have been very satisfied with my job. It is a fast paced environment, ever changing due to customer demand. Although some might cringe at the idea of having no sick leave, having to use vacation time instead,the upside to no sick leave is SNC's 401k program. It is the best of any 401k I have ever seen. Couple that with the yearly bonuses and pay increases, you can't complain.

SNC is a rapidly growing company that continues to keep the small company feel. It is apparent that the owners truly care about their employees through their actions and generosity. I plan on working with SNC for as long as I can.

Cons

I am from a military family and therefore subject to moving where the military sends us. SNC is still a relatively small company and their work location selection is small. I am hoping my next move does not take me away from SNC.

Keep remembering the small people, even as the company grows.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation