Sierra Nevada Corporation

www.sncorp.com
  www.sncorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Long time employee

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At SNC I have worked on many challenging projects. We get full support to accomplish the mission. I work with incredibly intelligent teammates. It is very satisfying when the things we build are deployed and help the men and women in the field. Pay and benefits are great too.

Cons

you have to be a motivated self starter to work in engineering here. Our informal motto is 'no slackers'. Is that a con?

keep the projects coming and add more motorcycle parking.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great Company Committed to High Quality!

Former Employee - QUALITY SPECIALIST II in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - QUALITY SPECIALIST II in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

SNC is commited to high quality and continious improvement. Very dynamic company and constantly changing. Products produced there are are "cutting edge" technology. The managment team in Plano,TX. are the best that I've worked with. They make you feel as if you are family!

Cons

No bad words for this company!

Keep doing what your doing.

World Class Leadership, stable long term growth and family like atmosphere

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great mid-size defense contractor led by superb husband and wife team. SNC is at the leading edge of helping to solve our nation's most critical defense needs and I am proud to be part of the San Antonio software team. Pay and benefits are comparable to the best out there and the owners are constantly looking for ways to reward performance. Their charitable contributions to employees in need are legendary! Very flat organizational structure means your ideas and suggestions are easy to get reviewed and considered. Culture is open and inclusive of all. My business unit focuses on data-fusion software for the Intelligence Community and the daily challenges are rewarding within a personable support structure. After 30 years in the military, I couldn't have found a better place to work.

Cons

Some "growing pains" because of the rapid growth of the company, but all are being addressed by management. Enterprise software tools are not the best and could be improved.

Stabilize the employee evaluation process for a few years and let the dust settle. Start thinking about a Blackberry replacement. They aren't the tool they once were!

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation