There are newer employer reviews for Sky

Nice Company, shame about the management

Former Employee - Technical Analyst  in  Livingston, Scotland (UK)
Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Sky full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Has the capacity to be a fun and dynamic place to work.

Cons

There is often a blame culture leading to a climate of fear of making mistakes. Staff arent given praise for doing a job well, but hear when they don't. Pressure to get the job done is often quite intense leading to expectations that staff will do additional hours (often without pay) and frequent weekends.

Show appreciation for jobs well done. Learn from past mistakes and hire sufficient staff to do the job well in the time allowed.

194 Other Employee Reviews for Sky (View Most Recent)

Shockingly poor management and lots of politics.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sky full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting projects, some really good people, great perks, agile software development and a great brand to have on your CV.

Cons

Really poor people management, some of the worst managers I've ever come across particularly in the technology division. Very political as an organisation with people spending more time fighting each other than the competitors.

Some of the guys who run the technology division are simply there to feather their own nests and fret more about how they look in front of the boss rather than delivering some real value. My advice is go find another company if you can. Having 2 years of employment at Sky is no bad thing but don't think you'll enjoy that 2 years.

A HR dept that does god knows what! Probably the worst HR dept known to man.

Get a grip on some of the people you've employed in senior positions. I would fundamentally think about whether there is the right senior team in place to run the business and create a place that is happy.

I hate to say it but the current culture and behaviours need to be completely binned and started again. Your current financial results mean you can get away with it for now, but do you really have an innovation engine that will keep the results going for the next 5, 10 or 15 years?

Best job I've had...

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Isleworth, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Isleworth, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time for less than a year

Pros

All preconceptions went out the window when I started at Sky, even though they're a big company, the emphasis they place on looking after their staff is huge - and you can feel it in the morale around the company. It's also a really fluid organisation, managers will always let their teams know what happens in leadership/management meetings and you're invited to participate and contribute, and ideas are always welcome.... The benefits are great and everyone I've worked with across the business has been so friendly and ready to go the extra mile to help you, whatever you may need.

Cons

It would be great if there was more of a social scene within easy reach!

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Sky

Worked for Sky? Contribute to the Community!