SmartBrief

www.smartbrief.com

About as good a place to work as an email newsletter company could be

SmartBrief Tech (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsI have coworkers I like and I work on interesting things. I dress casually and roll in around 10. I feel like my peers and superiors listen to me and value my opinions. I've been able to advance my career in a somewhat shorter period than I think I would have been able to most places. There's beer in the fridge and the office is social.

ConsEmail can only be so exciting, even taking into account that we do a lot of interesting stuff around it. We can be proud of the products we put out, and our customers like us, but we're not saving puppies, orphans, or the world. We're not causing any big revolutions.

In my experience, office politics are better than they are be in other places I've worked, but it seems there are still occasional battles in the upper ranks that aren't entirely productive.

There are no offices in Hawaii or Costa Rica.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome to decisions and act on them a little more quickly.

SmartBrief's workplace culture seems to be an important reason that people stick around. Fight to keep it a positive as we grow.

SmartBrief is a good company with a good product, but is a very poorly managed company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at SmartBrief

Pros: Very relaxed environment and a great work-life balance in terms of… Cons: Poor communication from management in terms of the direction of the company. It is very… Advice to Senior Management: My advice would be to be more transparent to your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

SmartBrief has great potential that needs to be realized.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at SmartBrief

Pros: -Flat culture -Nice people -Company does a great service and produces a quality product -You can innovate and… Cons: -There is minimal development or career advancement unless one threatens to quit, has a competitive offer, or does everything… Advice to Senior Management: -Focus on Professional Development (in education, communication about career advancement, and recruiting, ect.) -Hire smarter people--recruit more widely and raise bases to become competitive in… More
There are newer reviews on SmartBrief.

Worked for SmartBrief? Contribute to the Community!