There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo USA

Very established and think of their employees first.

Current Employee - Caterer in Oneonta, NY (US)
Current Employee - Caterer in Oneonta, NY (US)

I have been working at Sodexo USA part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great training working in the food industry. The standards that are placed on safety and help create an understanding how all food services should be run. For anyone looking to own their own food establishment should work for Sodexo and take what they learned with them, they will own and run a successful and healthy business.

Cons

I found it is very difficult for advancement in the corporation. Personal success in the company is based on who you know rather than what you know; it seems to be a tall, linear, chain of command and it becomes difficult to move horizontally. For people looking for advancement, they will have to move horizontally to a new location where a position may open up above them. When there are open positions in management it seems that the company looks elsewhere before looking at their own work force.

There are a lot of intelligent, well organized, and strong decision makers in the lower management of the company. Even general employees sometimes seem more competent than the managers, find these employees and promote them.

372 Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo USA (View Most Recent)

Overall good company to work for

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Gaithersburg, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits! Very organized

Cons

Being a contract management company, you take the chance of being out of a job after a contract is up if you don't want to move out of the area.

It was very exciting, I learned a lot and the staff was very helpful.

Former Employee - Catering Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Catering Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Sodexo USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pros- Great HR Team. Took care of you and helped integrate you into their culture effortlessly. Had a great support team in management.

Cons

My immediate manager was a new hire as well and resisted many of the Sodexo culture which made it hard working directly for him. I was sure that he was confused as to what my role was supposed to be and he kept changing it. His supervisor was amazing and made up for my direct supervisor's incompetence.

There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo USA