There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Wear blinders if you work here, so you don't know your underpaid.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

Decent place to learn about techology sales, but it's a 12 to 18 month job at most. Sales people used to have a good reputation, but there's a lot of turnover.

Cons

Company has a lot of debt, and makes poor decisions or necessary decisions to keep it a float. They acquired companies to foster growth, and it's not panned out right. Expectations and growth rates that management has for it's reps are too aggressive, and most importantly compensation is low. Especially comparing it to some of their competitors.

Pay the employees fairly and people may stay longer than 1 to 2 years. There are more talented options for leaders with good management skills / prospects besides those with a background at Xerox.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice (View Most Recent)

I would recommend the avid Office Politician to work here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Softchoice

Pros

The benefits are great,

The people are positive

you can bring your dog to work

company events keep you entertained from the 'mundane'

Green Commute Discount* (+bonus)

Cons

Unfortunately I have to be honest, I found that while I was employed there management did more to distract me and very little to help me progress in the company no matter how many times I requested to learn and move to other departments. I found that my manager specifically was never really available or even in the office when issues arose that needed immediate attention.

Without saying too much and without coming off bitter, when I started there it was great but that was until I noticed some the inside politics of the company. Management could have honestly
     done a lot more to help me feel comfortable while I was there and the feedback I received when I went to upper management about my issues was appalling.

Its like Melrose Place in that Mutha.

Fun place to start a career

Current Employee - SMB Sales  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - SMB Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Softchoice

Pros

The people and the training are great. For people that work hard and do their jobs well there are many opportunities for advancement. The work is easy but the pay is good and if you can sell the pay is great.

Cons

Their yearend is at the end Dec 31st so you have to work through the holidays.

Compared to my previous employer the management at Softchoice is great and realy seems to care. I think there could be improvement in communication around operational issues and companywide changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

Worked for Softchoice? Contribute to the Community!