There are newer employer reviews for Sonus Networks

It was the best place on earth to work for

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Westford, MA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Westford, MA (US)

I worked at Sonus Networks

Pros

When I joined Sonus in 2005, I was the best decision I made. The company was having issues with SEC filings. However the engineers were top-notch. The technology was simulating. And managers were considerate. I learnt a lot from co-workers, and was able to have great work-life balance. I was given raises according to my performance, and never thought of leaving the place.

Cons

Come the recession of 2009, and the things went downhill very fast. The leadership changed, and outsourcing began in full swing. While I am not against the idea of finding the best talent in the world for the corporation, I was perplexed by the way the management got rid of old-timers. The SEC filing woes continued, and so did the rumors of takeover. I had bid the place farewell, although I am still in touch with the great people I met there.

The devil is in the details. If you get rid of the talented engineers who know the system, you cannot build the great product. Having warm bodies is not a way the industry leaders think about. It's too late to evaluate your strategy now. I hope next time you think more than your stock options.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Sonus Networks (View Most Recent)

Indian Centric

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Freehold, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Freehold, NJ (US)

I worked at Sonus Networks

Pros

Money is better than most shops. Easy commute.

Cons

It's an Indian company. At the Freehold location, we had a husband and wife tag team managers, which in any industry is a major no-no, and yes, they too, were Indian. The last layoff, everyone was either Indian or Chinese while the Indians got a free pass. If you want, you can learn, but not cutting edge technology. When it comes time to look for a job, you'll quickly find that the skills you picked up aren't marketable.

It's too late. Sell the company. You should have focused on quality, but you gutted engineering.

Not headed the right direction for a long time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westford, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA (US)

I worked at Sonus Networks

Pros

Has upside potential with stock options, if acquired as the market picks up.

Cons

Lack of managerial vision has created an unpleasant work environment.

Focus on products that are sellable.

There are newer employer reviews for Sonus Networks

Worked for Sonus Networks? Contribute to the Community!