Best Summer Internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Southwest Airlines as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked a summer internship with Southwest Airlines and had the best experience of all of my friends. Great atmosphere and a lot of hands on experience to contribute to my future career.

Cons

I had none, I wish I could have stayed longer!

Other Reviews for Southwest Airlines

A good place to work... they haven't had layoffs in this economy.

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great flexibility...you don't need to wait around for a yearly vacation.

Cons

If you're thin skinned or don't like people ...its probably not the company for you.

The luv is gone.

Current Employee - Design Specialist  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Design Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I cherish the wonderful friends I've made in the past. The true Southwest Airlines coworkers are the best.

Cons

Recently, with the AirTran merger SWA employees are being forced to follow AirTran's culture, which is based on manipulation, intimidation, and fear. AirTran employees are assigned by their boss to spy on Southwest workers as to when they arrive, leave the office, and even length of time for bathroom breaks. Scare tactics are used by the boss to make Southwest employees feel their jobs are on the line everyday. Working overtime with no compensation is not only unappreciated, but questioned by management as if the employee is to blame. In other words, management will try to fire you no matter how hard or smart you work. You can be a superstar or hero at the office, but still lose your job for taking too much EARNED vacation time. It makes no sense. As someone else has mentioned, Southwest Airlines has never had any layoffs. However, what's hidden is the many number of great workers who have been fired, forced to retire, or forced to quit.

Shouldn't have merged with AirTran, but too late now anyways. But there is still time to remove them from managerial roles in which they are completely incompetent in.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!