I do IT 4 LUV!

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Freedom to be myself and explore the best way to do my job. Flexible work schedule and casual environment. My boss trusts me to get my job done with no micro-management. It is an environment of trust and productivity. I have been here over a decade and I plan to retire here. I love this company and its people. Keep drinking the Kool-aid!

Cons

The fervor to accomplish the impossible can be tiring sometimes. We work hard, play harder, but sometimes you just run out of the juice. It's okay - cause you can get some time to recover :)

Advice to Management

Listen, listen, listen, and don't try too hard to fix what isn't broken!

reviews filtered by
  1. LUV AIRLINE

Current Employee - Reservations
    Current Employee - Reservations

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Southwest Airlines is the best company that I have ever worked for. There truly is LUV flowing throughout this family of people that I have come to know. I have worked for the company now for several years and have made life long friends. The travel benefits could not be better. Our direct supervisors are great and truly encourage us to do our best.....It feels as if you want to make them proud! We truly are lucky to have the benefits that we do!

Cons

There is nobody here in this department. You come in and nobody is here anymore because they have been fired (NO LAY OFFS FOR SWA) :) We constantly are listening to our passengers tell us about how long they had to wait on hold and it makes for a long day. Our VP has talked a lot on AHT(Average Handling Time)-----Suddenly we have become another airline that I don't recognize.....Although my AHT is under my teams average......some of my friends are not. (We are becoming an airline that has AHT ....just like an airline that is named after this country!

Advice to Management

Please post the following sign......

HELP WANTED.....APPLY WITHIN........HAHA

sucks

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Good benefits, free flights if you can get on the flight and not get mando to work

Cons

unions, working holidays weekends days off calling at 0400 am

Advice to Management

train the sups better