There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

I do IT 4 LUV!

Current Employee - Technology Analyst  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Freedom to be myself and explore the best way to do my job. Flexible work schedule and casual environment. My boss trusts me to get my job done with no micro-management. It is an environment of trust and productivity. I have been here over a decade and I plan to retire here. I love this company and its people. Keep drinking the Kool-aid!

Cons

The fervor to accomplish the impossible can be tiring sometimes. We work hard, play harder, but sometimes you just run out of the juice. It's okay - cause you can get some time to recover :)

Listen, listen, listen, and don't try too hard to fix what isn't broken!

449 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

I LUV working for SWA!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

SWA takes care of their employee's! SWA knows that the employee is just as important as the customer. SWA is upfront in its communications to the employee's and will tell it like it is either good or bad!

Cons

Really ... I cant think of any cons worth mentioning specifically. Like all jobs there are days that are trying but that is with any job.

Continue to listen to the employee's. Continue to seek our input like you have done in the past. Take our suggestion's, review them and put the good ones in place like you have in the past!

LUV AIRLINE

Current Employee - Reservations
    Current Employee - Reservations

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Southwest Airlines is the best company that I have ever worked for. There truly is LUV flowing throughout this family of people that I have come to know. I have worked for the company now for several years and have made life long friends. The travel benefits could not be better. Our direct supervisors are great and truly encourage us to do our best.....It feels as if you want to make them proud! We truly are lucky to have the benefits that we do!

Cons

There is nobody here in this department. You come in and nobody is here anymore because they have been fired (NO LAY OFFS FOR SWA) :) We constantly are listening to our passengers tell us about how long they had to wait on hold and it makes for a long day. Our VP has talked a lot on AHT(Average Handling Time)-----Suddenly we have become another airline that I don't recognize.....Although my AHT is under my teams average......some of my friends are not. (We are becoming an airline that has AHT ....just like an airline that is named after this country!

Please post the following sign......

HELP WANTED.....APPLY WITHIN........HAHA

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!