St. Luke's Hospital (CA)

Regarding Anesthesia Department

Anesthesiologist (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at St. Luke's Hospital (CA) full-time for more than a year

ProsGood variety in cases. The community around the hospital is great.

ConsThe contract for the anesthesia is held by one person who owns the group. Individual anesthesiologist are independent contractors. Essentially, the group is one person. This means that the owner of the group takes a significant percentage of all the revenue you generate. The owner does not allow you to see the amount taken but it is estimated to be between 20-50%. The contract you sign also has a clause in which you have to vote the owner the chair of the department. There is no pathway to partnership.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be transparency in the finances. There should be a plan for partnership. There should be ability to participate in running the department.

Over 25 years of administrative experience

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Bethlehem, PA (US)

I worked at St. Luke's Hospital (CA) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I have previous experience at St. Luke's Hospital. St. Luke's Hospital is… Cons: The only con I have is balancing family and work… Advice to Senior Management: I do not have any advice to management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Pretty good job

Staff Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at St. Luke's Hospital (CA) full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good training program...supportive staff...technologically advanced Cons: Short staffed; very small raises Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on St. Luke's Hospital (CA).

Worked for St. Luke's Hospital (CA)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Luke's Hospital (CA) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for St. Luke's Hospital (CA) CEO Martin Brotman. All reviews posted anonymously by St. Luke's Hospital (CA) employees.