Stanford University

www.stanford.edu

Solid, balanced place.

Life Science Research Assistant (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

ProsTop University, great weather year round, diverse crowd. Good pay and great benefits.
Stanford takes good care of it's employees, lots of free courses and possibilities for advancement.
Located in the middle of high tech hub, provides good contact with companies around.

ConsThe place is huge, one can get lost there easily if you don't have clear priority. Lots of management type people with snobby attitude, oh and reach students of course. The salary could be better, espesially taking into account how expensive living in this area is.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for employees to mingle and learn what each other is doing. Try to match salary to companies in the area, otherwise people will be always looking for greener grass.

I was a software developer at a subsidiary of the Stanford Libraries.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at Stanford University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The retirement benefits are excellent. Some of the perks are really nice. … Cons: Unfortunately, if you don't happen to work on campus, the professional development is nonexistent. Our management did nothing to invest… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

graduate research assistant

I have been working at Stanford University part-time for more than a year

Pros: unlimited access to academic resources; flexibility of work schedule;… Cons: everything is so expensive, and the payment is not very… More
There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!