There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Good company to work for as a student

Former Employee - Barista  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Former Employee - Barista in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Starbucks part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Works with schedule for school, good benefits for part-time work, fun place to work if you get the right store.

Cons

More difficult than other jobs to work the ladder unless you are a diversity candidate. Upper management can seem disconnected from barista's and shift supervisors, leaving a sense of superiority that is sometimes unwelcoming and uncomfortable. The pay is never great, not one person do I know who is a barista or shift supervisor was able to support themselves alone.

4573 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Corporate Environment

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starbucks is a great company that cares for the employees. There are several wonderful benefits that you get for working for this company. My co-workers are also wonderful people. I really enjoy making beverages for customers and I also like cleaning the store.

Cons

If you are not prepared to follow the high standards that Starbucks sets for their employees then this job may not be for you. Also, the environment is very fast paced, you are on your feet all day and you will need to have quick problem solving and great customer service skills.

A good place to work as a college student

Former Employee - Barista  in  El Cerrito, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Barista in El Cerrito, CA (US)

I worked at Starbucks part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good manager, Good environment, average pay.

Cons

Extremely micromanaged, Multitasking is a must all the time, and constant pressure to serve best drinks.

Stop micromanaging

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!