Starbucks

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Barista to Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits: discounts, 401K, and Healthcare; fun atmosphere; new everyday so I never got bored; great product - I was proud of what I sold. The company stays true to its mission statement and guiding principles.

Cons

I felt like I was always on-call; have to have thick skin because customers are always right even when they aren't. Mentally and physically demanding job - you have to really want to do some hard work and use your brain.

4979 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Still a great place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I"ve worked in other retail places before, and the time I get to spend with my family is great. I RARELY have to work more than 40 hours a week, compared to the more than 60 I had to put in other places. Additionally the partners are all great fun, and many of our customers are as well. Promotions from the inside are much more common here than at previous places too.

Cons

As with any service industry, you sometimes get customers who are beyond rude and you just have to smile right through it. The pay is also a bit lower than equal levels at other companies, but as I said the work life balance is much better, and at least in my situation I feel like I have a lot more autonomy to do what needs to be done

Keep direction clear. Don't tell us one thing, only to change it just a month or two later

Almost two years in and still excited!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am approaching two years with this company and I am just as excited and enthusiastic if not more than I was on day one! I absolutely love working for Starbucks. Everyday is a new challenge and the personal and professional growth that I am gaining is priceless.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is growing in other areas of the company. I know that I can go as far as I want with this company from Store Manager to District Manager to Regional Director, etc... but I am really interested in marketing and would LOVE to be a part of that team, but that would more than likely require me to move to Seattle. I live in Southern California for a reason.....

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks