Starbucks

www.starbucks.com

Barista to Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Fantastic benefits: discounts, 401K, and Healthcare; fun atmosphere; new everyday so I never got bored; great product - I was proud of what I sold. The company stays true to its mission statement and guiding principles.

Cons

I felt like I was always on-call; have to have thick skin because customers are always right even when they aren't. Mentally and physically demanding job - you have to really want to do some hard work and use your brain.

Other reviews for Starbucks

Still a great place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

I"ve worked in other retail places before, and the time I get to spend with my family is great. I RARELY have to work more than 40 hours a week, compared to the more than 60 I had to put in other places. Additionally the partners are all great fun, and many of our customers are as well. Promotions from the inside are much more common here than at previous places too.

Cons

As with any service industry, you sometimes get customers who are beyond rude and you just have to smile right through it. The pay is also a bit lower than equal levels at other companies, but as I said the work life balance is much better, and at least in my situation I feel like I have a lot more autonomy to do what needs to be done

Keep direction clear. Don't tell us one thing, only to change it just a month or two later

Flexible and Friendly

Current Employee - Barista  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Barista in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Great benefits, flexible hours and they train new employees well. They take time to teach you about the company and about your job so you can do well.

Cons

Shifts can be short, four hour shifts for example. I have been told they do this for tax related reasons but it would be nice to work a full shift when I go to work.

None

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!