There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Best Internship Opportunity our there!

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Bloomington, IL (US)
Former Employee - Summer Intern in Bloomington, IL (US)

I worked at State Farm

Pros

The internship is a great opportunity to travel (if you're not from Bloomington), meet a TON of other students like you, and really get your foot in the door.
Almost everyone knows about State Farm, so adding it to your resume will make you have pride in where you've worked. The internship is great experience in any field, because there are so many departments within the company.

Cons

You have to be ready for the corporate-culture. The internship always starts off really slow (as does any internship) and then once you get into the swing of things, you will be working a full-time job. Once you have enough work to accomplish, the time will go by very quickly.

1664 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Low pay high pressure. Poorly managed place all around.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at State Farm

Pros

mon-fri but that will change anytime the agent thinks it is needed.

Cons

Agent is never there and expects you to grow his agency as he wants but never is there to tell you how that is. Unrealistic goals set for ALL employees. Office manager is very nice but only wants to do service work and be left alone. Agent can barely write an auto policy and often tells customers what ever he thinks is best even if it is untrue. You are promised 40k a year pay because of commission but DO NOT expect any more than 30K not matter what and that is being very optimistic. You be told do to whatever it takes to set appointments for the agent to meet with current customers. Good luck because if the agent has something fun to do that day or week he will ask you to reschedule it. Only take this job if you are very very very desperate!

I was expendable from day 1, and treated as such.

Former Employee - Independent Insurance Adjuster
    Former Employee - Independent Insurance Adjuster

I worked at State Farm

Pros

Worlds 18th largest economy = lot's of deployments

Cons

SF Staffers hate the independents. They overworked us & underpaid us. Fired without reason.

Supervise your TM's better & treat the IA's better or roll over and let All State take over the market.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm