State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,304 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Internship Review

Clerical Intern (Former Employee)
Huntington Beach, CA (US)

I worked at State Farm as an intern for less than a year

ProsFriendly people, very nice place to work at. The agents there were all kind to me, and answered my questions whenever I had one about their job.

ConsEnded up doing menial tasks for most of the time, though this was more on my fault anyone else's. Could've taken initiative more to take on more and more difficult tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally work with interns more and try to challenge them. If they don't meet your expectations, then give them something easier, but most interns should have strong abilities to achieve more than what you originally thing.

DO NOT work in claims for the long term! If you do, you likely will be very unhappy.

Auto Claim Representative (Current Employee)
Columbia, MO (US)

I have been working at State Farm full-time

Pros: SF has a great training program. They're very in depth in the training, & educate you in many facets of the insurance industry. … Cons: The claims department is a very negative environment. This is caused by the angry insureds or claimants refuting a decision or handling on a claim.… Advice to Senior Management: There are too many levels of management, & they all seem to want to keep their distance as if they're too good for us. They… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Best Place to be

SharePoint Engineer (Current Employee)
Bloomington, IL (US)

I have been working at State Farm as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Great team with knowledgeable members and very professional and easy… Cons: Too many investments on third party tools and waste of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.