There are newer employer reviews for State Street

good

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at State Street

Pros

benefits are a plus , and pay is fair

Cons

downsizing is troublesome considering the talent they are losing

need to improve employee loyalty

1293 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Pretty much nuetral, not great and not bad

I have been working at State Street

Pros

The benefits are great as well as the retirement 401K plan is pretty good. I have had positive experiences with my managers within my department.

Cons

But as I suspect with many large employers there is a big disconnect between upper level management and the people actually doing the work. There are way too many levels from the top down that would significantly simplify the organization.

Simplify the organization and work to make it better for the employee. Focus more on the intellectual capital and retaining current employees to drive better performance. There are many quality employees that have worked for State Street, but many of them leave because it is difficult to feel like you have made a difference.

A Horrible, Horrible place to work. Most employees are burned out, overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at State Street

Pros

Some of my co-workers are great people who work hard in spite of the lack of trust placed in them by management. Banks are dinosaurs anyway. If you want to work in Tech do not work here. Employees are treated unfairly by a ridiculously cheap company that will not even provide paper plates or napkins for employees as a cost cutting measure. This company is highly profitable. I have never seen the company do so little as even buy lunch for the employees unless it is a promote the company event.

Cons

Low pay. No recognition. The HR dept is a joke. One person got Injured on the job after years with the company and HR tried to fire that person. That person was treated ridiculously after years of honest hard work.

They don't listen and they dont care. Why would we bother giving them advice. Well one bit of advice for the readers here. Have Senior management forgo bonuses and give the workers the raise they deserve.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!