State Street

www.statestreet.com

Conservative and Complacent

Global Services Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsThe SSGS team is very kind. Personally, I received a good amount of work that really added value. I felt as though I was a valuable part of the team and that I wasn't just being paid to sit and twiddle my thumbs. Most of my other intern friends can't say the same. The atmosphere is really relaxed, and my team was very helpful.

ConsAs a whole, I got the feeling that although State Street wants to become a more innovative company, its culture is still very conservative. Its younger crowd is ready for change, but it seems the older generation is very complacent with old processes because they work. It is recognized that there is an obvious need for change and modernization to keep up with the moving market, but the main problem standing in the way of improvement is the acknowledgement that there are many barriers, and the cautionary steps taken rather than the determination to move forward despite all obstacles.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you should listen to the new recruits more. Recent graduates are taking many courses that can really add value in regards to a fast growing, changing market. Just because it works, doesn't mean it can't be better. Strive for better and faster.

Good benefits but not a dynamic organization

Project Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits; Global organization; Some opportunity for advancement in certain areas of the company although… Cons: Low salary for Financial Services; Not much room for upward… Advice to Senior Management: Need to better develop middle management and create more opportunities… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a bad company to work for. Probably the best company to learn mutual fund.

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ (US)

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good colleagues, reasonably good benefits, very friendly work atmosphere. A very… Cons: Very tight work schedules. Salary on the low side. Closure of… Advice to Senior Management: Average management only knows layoff employees during bad times. Great… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!