There are newer employer reviews for Stryker

Great Environment, Good Program, Average Future Employement

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting Co-op in Mahwah, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Finance/Accounting Co-op in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I have been working at Stryker as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great. The corporate culture is very relaxed. No one makes anyone else feel less important. Even as a Co-Op they offered good guidance and support.

Cons

The potential to become a full-time employee after graduation is very difficult if you work within the finance/accounting role. Very few spots open up.

532 Other Employee Reviews for Stryker (View Most Recent)

Look elsewhere

Current Employee - Engineer in Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Met some great people there. (but eventually they all moved on.) A goood stepping stone to enter the Medical Device business and network. Good benefits in comparison to similar companies including vacation.

Cons

Not very cohesive and well structured.
    Salaries are not competitive here particularly in a high cost of living area. Moving to a similar position in another company and lower cost region can increase your net income by 50%.
    Unqualified management: individuals very often get thrown into management based on ability to talk the talk!
    No accountability for unprofessionalism at the management level and technical abilities are not given much credit here so you often have the blind leading the blind. Managers in technical positions don't always have the technical skills or much experience in the roles that they supervise and cannot perform in an advisory role. They are nothing more than project managers.
    Very high stress environment and this is evident in the high turnover. Teams have completely turned over and left the company in a short space of time and Human Resources doesn't take any interest or seem to care to do anything about it.
    No accountability for individual responsibilities or signatures. Upper management often doesn't know any better when presented with a proposal or document.

Get your act together! Enforce a policy of accountability for team performance and turnover. Hold HR accountable for being HR representatives and not just the V.P.'s associate.

Manufacturing Engineer

Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stryker Endoscopy Only: San Jose Location

Very young and lively company. Managers care a lot about their employees and there is a huge opportunity for growth. I enjoy coming to work every day and I have a lot of best friends at work. It makes a big difference spending 40hrs a week at a company with people I enjoy working with. Stryker Endoscopy puts out some good products, and I think we have an amazing sales force. I definitely feel secure in my job as well.

Cons

Stryker Endoscopy Only: San Jose Location

We are known to be under paid. If you compare the Salary at Endoscopy versus other companies in the Bay Area our overall salary is low for all positions. They try to compensate through have a good work environment. Also, if you are looking for true mentorship, there is not a lot. The expectation is that you be a self driven learner and learn through experience.

The culture is great, but Stryker Endoscopy should be careful to at least meet a minimum for financial compensation. It can be easy to start wondering when you see co-workers changing companies for 15-25% raises.

There are newer employer reviews for Stryker