Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Sun Life

Pros

Great benefits
Employees are the best... they make Sun Life what it is
Understand the balance of personal and business life

Cons

Senior Management changes direction to often

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to work and learn

Former Employee - Director in Wellesley, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Wellesley, MA (US)

I worked at Sun Life

Pros

I found the people there to be very generous with their knowledge and time. It was easy to learn how the company worked in each business. The size of the group in Wellesley was big enough to provide a lot of opportunity and diversity, but also small enough to retain a small company feel and energy.

Cons

I don't particularly like working in an office park environment. There is nothing around to walk to during lunch. It feels somewhat insulated. If you do have to leave at 4-5PM, get ready to wait in line for up to 1/2 hour just to leave the facility.

Advice to Management

Continue to enocourage sharing of knowlehow around how the company works through the Finance meetings and other learning sessions. The best training comes from internal people who are able to take complex subjects and explain them in a very straight forward and simple manner.

cloudy with a chance of heavy rain

I worked at Sun Life

Pros

decent work/life balance, good benefits. co-workers, for the most part, are nice people to work with. nice large campus with lots of amenitities.

Cons

layoffs. no job security; constant reorganization; always being asked to do more with no increase in pay. management stuck on making their numbers, not caring how it gets done

Advice to Management

please bring sun life back to glory. as sun life grows bigger, we are falling apart. horrible morale when you are unsure day to day if you have a job tomorrow, and then expected work 110%