SunGard
www.sungard.com Wayne, PA 5000+ Employees

Not what it once was

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery flexible work environment with relatively low workload stress. A lot of freedom in day-to-day work. Still staffed by good people at the ground level.

ConsWork environment has slipped since the last re-org (from groups by product to groups by function). Some groups are mired in contention over which group is really in charge. Products that aren't growing aren't providing growth opportunities for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefocus on the fundamentals - find problems customers will pay us to solve and solve them.

Correction

I have been working at SunGard full-time

Pros: Variety of businesses, a lot of good hard hard working… Cons: I do not have anything negative to say More

Living in the past, running the company on a shoestring with a dis-functional leadership team.

Bethlehem, PA (US)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are no pros to working here... Cons: Low salaries, no opportunity for advancement, poorly developed software solutions, management team… Advice to Senior Management: Open your eyes. When you speak of operating under the guise of best practices, you need to realize that employees that have been in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SunGard.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunGard CEO Russell P. (Russ) Fradin. All reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees.