SunTrust
www.suntrust.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Very frustrating experience after the first 2 months of training.

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at SunTrust full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits were pretty good; salary was in line with competitors.Worked with some really good people.

ConsUpper management regards employees as dispensable; branch managers for the most part are people who spend their time self promoting rather than managing or producing revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep turning people over constantly and you will find yourselves ranked in the low tier of banks. You cannot overcome low interest rates by charging fees on everything to the clients. This bank is a totally different bank now, and not in a good sense.

Best place I have worked

Database Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Overall work environment, Work from home policy, 401K match… Cons: Very bureaucratic when you need to work with other teams. Advice to Senior Management: Make inter-team collaboration easier and rely less on tickets as a starting point. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people; positive work environment

Teller II (Current Employee)
Newport News, VA (US)

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great environment, always busy, great management, and flexible for those who are in the military. They… Cons: Recently they have increased goals for incentives, which will make it quite difficult… Advice to Senior Management: The new point system will definitely need to be reevaluated after… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SunTrust.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunTrust CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust employees.