SunTrust

www.suntrust.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Albany, GA (US)
Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Albany, GA (US)

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and they match your 401K contribution.

Cons

Management doesn't really take teammates' suggestions into consideration although they pretend to do so.
Someone just coming in with no experience can make the same amount as a veteran employee.

Offer more competitive salaries and stop pushing sales so much. With great service comes sales, but stressing out employees over sales will hurt the company in the long run.

952 Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust (View Most Recent)

Review of Private Banking Specialist Position at SunTrust

Former Employee - Private Banking Specialist in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Private Banking Specialist in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at SunTrust full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked in Miami FL in private banking and found the workplace to be a nice environment.

Cons

I worked at SunTrust in 2005 out of college and advancement in the company was difficult and pay was low.

Only thing worse than a bad culture is a complacent one"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nobody will notice if you slack off. I come in at 9am and leave at 5pm. Everyday. Really like my coworkers (most of the time). If you value spending more time at home than work and don't mind a pay cut then this is the place for you. People act like they care. If you're a southern, conservative male WASP this is your paradise.

Cons

Bare-bones, cost cutting at all the way. Accountability does not exist. Very male "good guy" culture. I see men getting ahead at the company a lot faster than women and in general they seem to get more respect. There is no momentum in a single direction, more like fragmented choruses singing the same story "we're getting better, we're getting better." My first boss was disorganized and bullied me. My second boss played favorites and couldn't be direct. On your in-balance you will have to "rate yourself" and then watch management go back and "force fit" the rankings to that only a few people get decent "raises" (less than $5,000). That's called a cost of living adjustment to barely keep up with inflation, not a RAISE.

Stop preaching improvement this, improvement that. Just make things better and stop the bureaucratic process insanity. Start treating women with professional and intellectual respect. Pick one thing you want to be the best at in the market and do that. Being mediocre at everything is miserable.

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust