T. Rowe Price

A supervisor's perspective

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Owings Mills, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of career options. Support to explore different areas(varies by manager and organization) but overall supportive. Excellent training and continuing education. Good benefits like 401 k, stock, matching, profit sharing. Strong company reputation.

ConsAs a supervisor I have seen how things have changed from when I was an associate. In talking with my peers we all feel the same. We are no longer valued. A little more value is given to associates, but this is only because they get recognition. We are expected to be here no matter what. Holidays, weekends, severe weather events. The decision to be here 1/1/13 and just sit here with little to no work vs. give a tired and beat down staff some time off speaks volumes. When other sites close in these conditions we are expected to risk life and limb to get here. I have heard stories about the treatment of associates during recent severe weather events and it is upsetting. This is truly a great company I still believe that and I know there are still great leaders. I have a good network and see how other parts of the org are running under leaders that see their people as humans and care about them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get more involved in this area. There are good people here. We care about the business and our people.

Started with TRP right out of college, several career advancement opportunities since

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Owings Mills, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great culture, work / life balance, benefits and development opportunities Cons: Low salary compared to similar positions at other firms Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

State Government but without the frills

Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Plenty of nice hard working people in the production roles. You can depend on the people you work with, because… Cons: Way too many layers of management. Limited people in production roles with supervisors, managers, business unit heads over them contributing little. Spends millions on consultants… Advice to Senior Management: I have seen countless smart and hardworking people leave because the comp is so lacking compared to industry peers. You would rather have a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on T. Rowe Price.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T. Rowe Price reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for T. Rowe Price CEO James A. C. Kennedy. All reviews posted anonymously by T. Rowe Price employees.