TASC

www.tasc.com

Toxic Leadership and Minimal Opportunity

N/A (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsNot a bad place for an entry-level position, or to get your foot in the door right out of college. *Some* managers have been very helpful in allowing me to modify my schedule to reflect other commitments.

ConsIf you start at this company at an entry-level position, that's probably where you'll be when you leave. Low-level employees have no clear path for advancement, just "sideways promotions" where they get shuffled around various contracts until they leave. This policy strongly de-incentivizes any kind of personal initiative on the part of employees.

With a very few exceptions, the low-level managers in this company spend most of their time engaged in CYA garbage, to the detriment of their direct employees, while mid- and upper-level managers are concerned exclusively with playing corporate games and are rarely seen.

No effort is expended on culturing or retaining in-house talent; employees are regarded as interchangeable essentially expendable. This, again, highlights a minimum of internal advancement. What employee resources there are (HR, benefits, etc) seem to be under constant re-organization and as such are not terribly helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide whether or not you want TASC to actually have an identity as a company. If not, keep doing things the same way.

There are better than TASC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TASC full-time

Pros: Not many that I can think of for this. Cons: When I was on active duty, looking to come back to TASC, they did not seem to care very much about providing me a position.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Once a Premier Company - Now just a beltway bandit

Engineer VI (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good reputation, still some sole source, very long term contracts,… Cons: Growth, growth, growth is most important, just like all the other beltway bandits. TASC used to pride itself on NOT being a bandit and having… Advice to Senior Management: You have destroyed the TASC culture where people were #1 and exceptional performance the norm! Now growth is everything!! I was once SO PROUD to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TASC.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!