TD Ameritrade

www.tdameritrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

TD Ameritrade provided the best corporate environment experience I've ever had.

Former Employee - Infrastructure Management Intern in Jersey City, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Infrastructure Management Intern in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I worked at TD Ameritrade as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative colleagues, very open atmosphere & environment, a company with very strong technological grounds and applications for financial services (for those wanting to get into technology). Overall, a phenomenal place to work in if you are looking to get into finance and technology.

Cons

Getting software on your machine can be a LONG wait some times given the security protocols put in place, but who would not find that in any corporate work place.

362 Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade (View Most Recent)

Good place to get your feet wet, not make money

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time

Pros

- Good place to get exposed to a lot
    - Health benefits are decent for the price
    - Profit sharing goes direct into 401k (on top of contributions and match) and can be substantial

Cons

- Yearly layoffs are the norm, remaining employees typically expected to pick up the slack. In some groups tech groups that means 60-70hr work weeks.
    - Pay tends to be below average for the Financial sector
    - Bonuses for the non-managers cap at 15% for most, then jumps to 30% if you are at the very top of the ladder.
    - High rate of management turnover (middle up to and including C levels), typical management lasts 2-3 years
    - Trouble prioritizing technical projects across the enterprise, you will have 50 #1 priorities to deliver and not really know what is most important.
    - Management will gut projects to get them over the line for their bonuses, workers are then stuck doing constant bubble gum/duct tape patches.
    - No resource planning for people, people get assigned to multiple projects where they may be required to do hundreds of hours of work in one week. This makes most projects slip for obvious reasons.
    - Lots of manager build silos/islands

- Prioritize projects clearly across the board
    - Learn to do resource planning of people
    - Get a more focused vision

Looking for more advancement

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We have awesome and very competitive benefits. The core values are visibe throughout the organization from top executives downward. Rewards and recognition programs have also gained momentum and importance over the last few years. Upper management is doing a better job of recognizing associates that work hard and display the core values. I feel very appreciated by my direct management.

Cons

The company is transitioning to be more lean and with that a lot of change is happening throughout the organization. Change can be difficult for employees but the execution of the lean transition has not been handeled efficiently. There has been some chaos and I feel we are working reactively instead of more proactively at times.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade