There are newer employer reviews for Target

So far, so good...

Current Employee - Team Member in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Team Member in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Target full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Store is more pleasant to shop and work at. People are generally friendly and willing/ready to help out. Employee benefits are better than others.

Cons

I've only started so I wouldn't have much to say on areas for improvement of the company. I only heard that salary increase are hard to come by and if it does it only comes in cents...

8654 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Target is a great, friendly and Team oriented place to work

Current Employee - Instocks in Nashua, NH (US)
    Current Employee - Instocks in Nashua, NH (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

great hours, My team members are excellent people, the store is clean, the guests seem very happy with our store.

Cons

I don't have any cons right now for the Target store in north west Nashua, on Amherst street, hopefully i never do.

Keep up the great work, keep hiring great people. Get us more equipment(PDA's and Walkies)

Target is an okay place to work.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some friendly co-workers, many areas to work and learn to work. Opportunity to switch jobs roles. My HR was very flexible with schedule and listened to my requests of vacation, or if I needed more or less hours or if I wanted to switch job roles.

Cons

VERY "clique"ish. Management is very much a clique, so to move up you have to become part of "the cool crowd." I've seen many people who work harder than anyone there who never move up, and people who are told they can't move up because they don't have a degree, but then watch someone else get promoted who also doesn't have one. You're managers often are brought straight in from college with no experience. It's impossible to get full time at Target unless you get a supervisor position, and even then they don't promise full time.

Try to stop work place cliques. Pay attention to who is doing all the work on the floor. Recognize those people and offer them better pay and promotions. Get rid of the mandatory bachelors degree rule to be a Sr team lead. Many people work for YEARS and know more than someone with no experience who went to college. It should be an equal opportunity. Many of your employees are hard workers but never had the opportunity to go to college.

There are newer employer reviews for Target