There are newer employer reviews for Target

Interesting

Former Employee - Vendor Performance Specialist  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
Former Employee - Vendor Performance Specialist in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, volunteer opportunities, fun atmosphere, great people, this was my first job out of college so it was a great learning environment

Cons

Must have HR and supervisor's ok to apply for new positions, my schedule was not very flexible

It is frustrating that you can't have direct lines of communication at different levels- I would have to talk to my boss before talking to my boss's boss

8247 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Excellent company overall

Former Employee - Group Leader  in  Fontana, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Fontana, CA (US)

I worked at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very professional processes, executive development. Clean, friendly, safe environment.

Cons

Low bonus opportunities in certain functions. No profit sharing at most levels.

More financial incentives at all levels.

It's not that hard of a job but can be annoying

Current Employee - Front End  in  Whittier, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Front End in Whittier, CA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Get time off unless it's Holidays. Allow shift swapping. Depending on locations, you have cool co-workers. Reviews and raises yearly. 10% discount on everything in the store, including sales/clearance items. It's not great but it's also not horrible. Most complainers are the ones who hate working and come in to work hung over. My store has games and events that make work semi fun.

Cons

Severe favoritism. They hound you to open RedCards. I literally have to force cashiers to promote RedCards. Upper management doesn't care about much other than RedCards, surveys, attachment scores. Some managers are cool and listen. They bring in interns who have never worked a day in their life and they are all around 20 years old. Never want to promote from within but when they do, they chose their favorites.
    Horrible hours. I work at a huge store that brings in crazy amounts of money. As a supervisor who is trained in 7 different places, I get 17 hours a week. Cashiers get around 20.

Please stop hiring these fresh out of college people who don't know how to work a cash registers. Yes, I understand that they need jobs too and I know they went to school for it, but seriously, some of the people they hire can't even open a cash drawer.
    Allow people to show you they are willing to bust their butts to get a promotion. Stop belittling people if they can't do a certain job outside their department.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!