There are newer employer reviews for Target

I work in Logistics, unloading trucks and stocking shelves in a fast, fun, and friendly matter.

Current Employee - Logistics in Chester, VA (US)
Current Employee - Logistics in Chester, VA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is indeed one of the best overall retail stores in America. It has good benefits and Target does try very hard to look after their employees. They specialize in a clean and work friendly environment as well.

Cons

Pay is not all that great. Either your salary or your part-time at the particular one I work at. This would be fine of course if the hours didn't move around every week. There is no way to keep a steady schedule when Target is constantly switching your work days.

If you want to create a better working environment on the sale floor you need to talk directly to your team members and ask the right questions. They know more about whats going on than you could ever know. Also if there were higher level manager actually talking directly to each of these team members a lot of issues would also be discovered.

8708 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good managers, very clear duties. You also get ten percent off all Target products for the duration of your employment, which really is truly great because Target sells so many things that you buy every day. And if you get a Red card as well, you get fifteen percent off today and every day.

Cons

Erratic hours, but that's to be expected from a discount retailer.

Keep it up.

Guest Service Desk at Target

Current Employee - Guest Service Desk Operator in Hadley, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Guest Service Desk Operator in Hadley, MA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team culture, managers that care about employees, and incentive to do could work. I love working at target, and my position allows me to help people, and fix problems.

Cons

Occasionally there will be guests (customers) that cannot be helped. They have problems that they caused and want us to fix. Target policy on returns is pretty easy to work with and well defined but people expect us to constantly go beyond what are limited to doing. I'm sorry but a 3 year old vacuum cleaner is not returnable...

There are newer employer reviews for Target