Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great Company

Former Employee - Team Leader
Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

.Great work schedule,every other weekend off,you are never bothered when you are off
.Great customers and day to day experience
.Very organized company with great opportunities and training programs
.Fun place to work
.Work with great people

Cons

.Can only become a salary manager with a 4 year degree,so even if you have been an hourly manager for 5 years or any amount of time,you cannot move up from there without one

9212 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Executive Team Leader Intern

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader Intern in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader Intern in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Target as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Target is a very fun place to work. Depending on your location and demographic, the culture of the store can vary. I was placed in a minority abundant neighborhood. Many of the guests had large families but low basket value, meaning there were a lot of people to came in and out of the store, but our sales were relatively low. You get to work with a lot of different people, age and culture. It's really a great place to work if you want to gain leadership and management experience.

Cons

The position was fun but it was not as challenging as I had hoped. The good thing about the internship is that if you do well, it's highly likely you will get a full time offer. Their compensation is very generous, especially for a recent college graduate.

Very good, job takes a lot of effort to treat employees well, pay is competitive to similar stores, enjoyed working

Current Employee - Electronics in Blue Springs, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Electronics in Blue Springs, MO (US)

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good management, flexible with schooling, treat you well, listens to employees concerns, pay is decent, employee celebrations by mangers

Cons

raises are usually a max of 50 cents a year, work does get boring after a while, at time consistent hours are hard to get depending on work area, some mangers are poor.

Keep up with making a constant effort to improve employee life, somthing was different from my previous employers, make sure all Team Leader(managers) are on the same page and communicate the same message to employees

There are newer employer reviews for Target