There are newer employer reviews for Target

Being an ETL at Target is Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader  in  Madison, WI (US)
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Target paints the big picture for your long-term career destination, and gives you the development tools and feedback you need to be successful in reaching your career goals. You come to really know how to leverage your strengths and improve your opportunities as a leader through feedback.

Cons

Target leaders are expected to be very global and sometimes it really cuts into your time/ability to drill into driving results in the areas that you own and are accountable to. ETL's. The training program for new ETL's is insufficient at preparing you to be successful in your role on day one. Your most valuable training will come after being thrown into your position under-prepared and learning to succeed through trial and error.

If you want stores to drive specific metrics then your leaders need the proper tools to hold Team Members accountable to driving those results (ex: individual achievement statistics for AAR, who is performing at what level based off of transactions), and Team Members need the appropriate incentives to drive those results (ex: base plus commission TM's in electronics, or more than a .25 cent raise per hour for being an electronics TM).

8387 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Best Company Ever

Current Employee - Group Manager
    Current Employee - Group Manager

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Focus on development, rewards for results, great team to grow your career or start a new one. I've worked for 5 different companies in my 20 year career -- Target bests them all hands down as my best and favorite employer.

Cons

Target's culture isn't for everyone. Highly collaborative with emphasis on "how" you get results. To be successful, you need to be willing to accept tough feedback and act on it.

Definitely a fun place to work.

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great relationships formed with the team members and guests. Flexible schedule. Good team member rewards for productivity.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement at my store. A new target store opened less than 5 miles from our store which significantly reduced our sales, and reduced pay roll, making it very difficult to perform tasks.

Create more of a relationship with the team members rather than just being their boss. It's really appreciated when the management knows something about your life.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!