Target
3.2 of 5 6,700 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Being an ETL at Target is Challenging and Rewarding

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee)
Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

ProsTarget paints the big picture for your long-term career destination, and gives you the development tools and feedback you need to be successful in reaching your career goals. You come to really know how to leverage your strengths and improve your opportunities as a leader through feedback.

ConsTarget leaders are expected to be very global and sometimes it really cuts into your time/ability to drill into driving results in the areas that you own and are accountable to. ETL's. The training program for new ETL's is insufficient at preparing you to be successful in your role on day one. Your most valuable training will come after being thrown into your position under-prepared and learning to succeed through trial and error.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want stores to drive specific metrics then your leaders need the proper tools to hold Team Members accountable to driving those results (ex: individual achievement statistics for AAR, who is performing at what level based off of transactions), and Team Members need the appropriate incentives to drive those results (ex: base plus commission TM's in electronics, or more than a .25 cent raise per hour for being an electronics TM).

Target

Logistics Manager (Current Employee)
East Stroudsburg, PA (US)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: If you are willing to kill yourself and be flexible there si alot… Cons: Very high standards.Almost unatainable, always figuring out what you can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a decent place to work

I have been working at Target

Pros: Fun people, easy to make friends Cons: Always on your feet Very controlled lunch breaks More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.