Teach for America
www.teachforamerica.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Memphis TFA alum

7th Grade Math Teacher (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

ProsYou will be a Jedi warrior if you survive this program. It is incredibly rewarding, and your growth is directly proportional to the immense challenges you will face.

ConsMy experience, as well as every other Memphis corps member I've every spoken to, will attest to the difficulty of this job. Imagine trying to complete a crucial task at a desk while all your papers are attempting to fly away and your office supplies are brawling on the floor. That neatly sums up the tfa memphis experience, but the sweetness of success is all the better for those challenges.

Teach For America

2010 Corps Member (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Teach For America is a very worthwhile cause/calling/organization. The corps members are bright… Cons: There is a grueling induction process, sort of boot camp… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great way to enter the education sector.

Pre-K Corps Member (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Job security, teaching experience, professional development, insight into education policy,… Cons: Challenging work/life balance, high stress environment, TFA staff are resistant… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to Corps Member feedback on the importance of social… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teach for America CEO Matthew Kramer & Elisa Villanueva Beard . All reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees.