Teekay
www.teekay.com Vancouver, Canada

Used to be a great company, but poor management and CEO

Human Resources (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Teekay full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, nice sincere people to work with

ConsTerrible communication within the company, the CEO does not know how to interact with his employees. Unfortunately CEO and management does not execute communication properly within the company. CEO does not have people skills and comes off as untrustworthy. Just check the employee surveys to confirm this.

Advice to Senior ManagementLosing great talent to the competition should be something to think about. What was once a world class company is now an average run of the mill organization.

Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Teekay full-time for more than a year

Pros: Alot of learning opportunities here. Cons: First year is a big learning curve. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life At Teekay

Fisrt Assistant Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Teekay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent Pay package, Timely Relief. Cons: complete CBT to move up the ladder. Advice to Senior Management: Ship type and actual performance should be given priority before… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Teekay.

Worked for Teekay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teekay reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teekay CEO Peter Evensen. All reviews posted anonymously by Teekay employees.