Telefónica
www.telefonica.com Madrid, Spain 500 to 999 Employees

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years (but not much more... ;-)

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWith the current rate of unemployment in Spain (26%)? Everyone will claim it is a "secure" company.

ConsCivil service style of management, high bureaucracy, very different environments with varied treatment for both employees and customers (Telefonica Corp, O2, Telefonica International, European and American countries where Telefonica operates). Too heavy weight of trade unions lacking flexibility, innovation, projection planning and profesionalism in general.

The Peter Principle is usually accomplished in a classic hierarchically structured company like Telefonica. As someone said: "Getting anything done around here is like mating elephants: 1it's done at high level; 2 it's accomplished with a great deal of roaring and screaming; 3 it takes two years to get results.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpecially to the highest level: Telefonica is not a monopoly any more. Did you know?

Great place for your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Telefónica full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Very people focused, they genuinely care about the people who work there, a lot is… Cons: I've worked here a long time with very little downside, the bearing of Telefonica Spain has become quire heavy due… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a Good place to work

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Big company - many opportunities Cons: Bigo company - slow decision processes, many comitees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Telefónica.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telefónica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telefónica CEO Cesar Alierta. All reviews posted anonymously by Telefónica employees.