The Gladstone Institutes
gladstoneinstitutes.org San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Excellent Postdoctoral Training

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Gladstone Institutes full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe level of science is truly exceptional. The environment is very collaborative. Open floor plan for each institute which makes it easy to get to know everyone working there, and to collaborate with anyone that can help you.

ConsThe institute takes themselves a bit too serious. They believe that everyone works there is excellent, and that they are the best place to work ever. At the end of the day it really depends on your PI and the lab that one works in how your work experience is going to be. Like everywhere, there are good labs and bad labs.

A Great Place to Work

I have been working at The Gladstone Institutes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Academic research environment with institution-wide support and insulation from university… Cons: Pay is lower than industry, as you might expect, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Pretty much your average overworked postdoc scenario for slightly more money than NIH

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Gladstone Institutes full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits, location, institutional support, resources. Cons: Work-life balance, salary, company culture, opportunity for advancement. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Gladstone Institutes.

Worked for The Gladstone Institutes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gladstone Institutes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gladstone Institutes CEO R. Sanders Williams. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gladstone Institutes employees.