The Nielsen Company
3.0 of 5 1,036 reviews
www.nielsen.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great place to start out and get exposure to CPG companies

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat exposure to top level CPG firm, especially right out of college. Gives you a good foundation of excel and how to analysis data. Also, helps you develop client facing skills and how to maintain expectations. Lucked out with a really good leader and the opportunity to work in our international group, meaning colleagures across the world.

ConsNot much room for creativity and innovation, just execute. Compensate on tenure over talent. Very little exposure to top level management. Lately, I hear they are putting restrictions on travel which hinders relationships with clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the MBA

forget about being a loyal employee here

Operations Analyst (Former Employee)
Oxford, England (UK)

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great teamwork, good benefits, lovely people to work with Good training… Cons: after 18 years of loyal service and giving my all i was made redundant and my job outsourced to India. Used… Advice to Senior Management: stop the outsourcing the quality is going down hill, it is costing more outting right the errors being… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Would never recommend this company

London, England (UK)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility to work from home Good salary Cons: - Very poor management. Does not take any responsibilities. - Bad atmosphere at work - Bad environment to work in -… Advice to Senior Management: Be more open, less selfish. Think about welfare of your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Nielsen Company CEO Mitch Barns . All reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees.