The Nielsen Company

www.nielsen.com

Generally a good company, but not in touch with people who don't work in Chicago

(Current Employee)

ProsPay is reasonably good, and benefits are ok, unless you live in an area where United Healthcare isn't a big insurer. Generally a well respected company, which is nice. "Meritocracy' is good in theory...

ConsThe execution of meritocracy is so dependent on your manager that it isn't really a meritocracy. It all comes down to how "connected" you are with others (above you, that is). There is a constant push to "do more," but some times, you just can't do as much as management wants you to. They are slow to fill vacancies to save some money while the current employees pick up the slack of empty positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with off-site employees more. Find an alternative healthcare program for people in areas not well served by United Healthcare.

Dead End

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time

Pros: Great for beginners and those willing to sacrifice life for… Cons: too few opportunities to grow in the U.S. Outsourcing and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Client Research Management

Client Service Representative (Current Employee) Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: friendly environment career path oriented opportunity to work with senior leaders from… Cons: low compensation high turn-over client service job has to involve in various tasks e.g.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!