The Nielsen Company
3.0 of 5 1,030 reviews
www.nielsen.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Global opportunities for strong performers

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

ProsMany different business & countries to work in, if you build the right network with management & HR. Senior management is generally very good, as are some individual leaders.

ConsQuality of individual business leaders & managers can be hit or miss. Some parts of the company can be overly political.

Member rep

SAN Fran (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay, benefits, time, flexibility, car Cons: No work life balance, difficult people to deal with Advice to Senior Management: Be fair More

Destination 'Go Getter'

Managing Director (Current Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: brand name, global career, pay for performance, for aggressive sales… Cons: managing by numbers only, talent management, technology evolution Advice to Senior Management: 1. Proactively manage resources (e.g. not hiring when people leave BUT looking at patterns of employee departure in the past 3 years and proactively over… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Nielsen Company CEO Mitch Barns . All reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees.