There are newer employer reviews for Thomas Cook

Excellent!

Current Employee - Senior Officer(IATA), Western Region  in  Pune
Current Employee - Senior Officer(IATA), Western Region in Pune

I have been working at Thomas Cook

Pros

Opportunity to work on exciting, high impact projects with teams of intelligent and interesting people.You are constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills and somehow finding room for a lot of fun of your co-workers. Working with phenomenal people on some of the toughest and most interesting business problems in the world. Attractive salary, friendly employees and perfect working conditions!!! has a great work/life balance with respectable co-workers, high standard of education and great pay...

Cons

Hours are very crazy... sometimes!

Need to create assessment criteria for values during hiring and evaluation of current employees

41 Other Employee Reviews for Thomas Cook (View Most Recent)

Good temporary job

Former Employee - Customer Service Contact  in  Hoofddorp (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Contact in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)

I worked at Thomas Cook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues
    Adequate pay
    Fun product (holidays)

Cons

Long hours
    Legacy systems
    Poor customer service experience

Please listen to your customers more. And don't airbrush your online and paper brochures

Getting worse day by day

Current Employee - Travel Agent
    Current Employee - Travel Agent

I have been working at Thomas Cook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some decent colleagues even though we are now fighting more over bookings. You learn something new everyday in the travel industry.

Cons

Minimum wage and bad cluster managers who have no time in their schedule to care about staff and their problems as they have too much hassle from higher up themselves. Our cluster is now on a third of the staff as this time last year and they expect us to do more which is impossible and standards are slipping as we get customers through the door on a conveyor belt system. Aside from that BAD technology. Yes you heard that Harriet. No one likes the res systems except your yes men. Too much information for staff to learn on a daily basis including changing policies and old out of date information everywhere. Promises not honoured and you are asked to be abnormally flexible with your working hours and holidays. Rotas drawn up in India plus a hr team there.... Does that help? No.

Have you got a year? Too much to write here.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomas Cook

Worked for Thomas Cook? Contribute to the Community!