There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Changing

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great products, people, and company values. Not a great deal of competition w/r/t the products they sell to the market place. Young talent rewarded with upward mobility, but not salary incentives.

Cons

Technology Organization is in disarray. Company does not pay or develop talent like it used to.

Take talent management seriously

2552 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Volatile Sales Environment

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Eagan, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Eagan, MN (US)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Great People, Great Scenery, Decent earning potential

Cons

Benefits downgrade each year, 0-1% Salary increase in record profit years. You are just a number and will fire you at the bat of an eye. The company openely expresses the need to change the current sales model since it is not working and claim they realize it is VERY difficult to make sales numbers, yet since April (6 months) they have fired 31 of 95 salespeople for this reason. That is 5 each month. Every 1st of the month the topic of conversation is who all got walked out today. I know 3 people that have been here for more than 3 years. I heard one sales person comment to an employee that moved to sales"why would you do that? That's the fastrack to the unemployment line".

When people start in sales at Thomson Reuters they are basically told to understand( by colleagues) that this will likely be a temporary position (6-12months) and there is a good chance they will be let go for reasons outside of their control and to not stress and just work hard. This is also common knowledge in other sales companies as people leave here and get sales jobs elsewhere only to spread the truth about working here. Is this the culture you are promoting?

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It's a super flexible company that allows you working from home. My colleagues are very talented and nice. I enjoyed brainstorming with them.

Cons

Their offices are everywhere across the world, so sometimes it is not very efficient to reach your global teammates because of different time zones and holiday schedules.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters