There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Customers and colleagues made it a great experience

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

The teams are full of hard working people that give much more than 40 hours to their jobs. Customers are also top notch which makes supporting them an honor.

Cons

Annual increases have been slim to flat for many years, even with great reviews.

Lots of time is wasted on inadequate internal systems.

2488 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Rapidly deteriorating work environment

Current Employee - Architect  in  Eagan, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Architect in Eagan, MN (US)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many project opportunities
    Flexible work schedule

Cons

Short-term "Cost Savings" measures that actually cost the company money over time.

Doesn't understand how to integrate acquisitions.

Illogical benefits changes:
    -Cutting the already small gym membership reimbursement almost in half, but increasing health care premiums? What do you think drives health care costs? Get people to exercise!
    -Can no longer roll over any vacation, and pushing out an accrual "debt" of 7 days to the employee?

Non-existent merit increases, year over year over year.

Change of food service vendor in Eagan from Sodexho to Aramark has been nothing short of a disaster. Upcoming change of security vendor expected to be the same.

Stop creating iOS apps to recruit talent and work on retaining what you have.

It's a job

Current Employee - Technical Development
    Current Employee - Technical Development

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

--I'm still employed
    --The base salary is reasonable.
    --Flexibility on hours and work location

Cons

--Took a salary cut to come work here (more than a few years ago), still not back to old level.
    --No career path for mid-career technical employees who wish to remain individual contributors.
    --Little/no opportunity to move within company. Pay close attention to what job you're taking on when you join...chances are, you'll be doing it for quite a while.

-- Get rid of every single HR "professional" who claims to be doing anything about talent retention. I've been rated either 1 or 2 every single year, and I think I can say that personal circumstance is the *only* reason why I haven't left. Your "talent retention" has done nothing for technical employees other than talk. Your HR policies (especially health care benefit changes for 2013) will do nothing but drive more people out the door. Of course, if that was the goal...good on you, mate.
    -- It seems like multiple times a week, I get reorganization messages in my email. Newsflash: I have no idea who these people are or what they do, or who the people they are succeeding were, or what THEY did. If you held a gun to my head at this moment and asked me the name of my manager's manager, I couldn't tell you (honestly, I couldn't...no exaggeration). Maybe lose a few layers?
    -- When it comes to "buy vs. build" decisions, maybe start coming down on the "build" side a bit more often. Yes, you're buying up the competition...but you're not that good at absorbing companies and the net impact is that you create silos.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!