There are newer employer reviews for Tiffany & Co.

A great product brand, but very unstable corporate setting

Current Employee - Accounting in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Accounting in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great benefits

Cons

The salaries are very low and non-management employees do not receive annual bonuses

Show more appreciation to non-management employees

293 Other Employee Reviews for Tiffany & Co. (View Most Recent)

Santa's Little Helpers

Former Employee - Seasonal Operations Assistant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Seasonal Operations Assistant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Tiffany & Co. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

+ Awesome discount on TCO products
    + Knowledgable Staff and Management
    + Good introduction to the luxury retailing environment, great possibility to learn a lot about the company and their procedures in a very short amount of time

Cons

+ Seasonal employees are NOT valued or respected, I was called an "Elf" "Santa's Elf" and "Santa's Little Helper" by multiple managers and regular employees.
    + Position responsibilities are redundant, tirelessly technical, and offer very little room for creativity or personal growth. You act as Tiffany's primary wrapping and shipping department.
    + No chance for advancement in this particular situation. During the interview and initial training, all the seasonals were told about the possibilities that we could be hired as regular, full-time employees, but during our time it was made very obvious that positions were not available. None of the seasonal employees from my location, or neighboring locations that I know of were hired regularly, despite high performance remarks. Don't expect a job offer even if you're great.
    + Business Formal dress code. For seasonal employees, it may be a big drawback to invest in expensive, tailored clothing for a temporary position.
    + Retail working schedule, so you work weekends. This is not so bad if it's a temporary stint.
    + Professional training methods are neglected for seasonal employees. You're expected to hit the ground running.

Streamline your training for seasonal employees within the Operations department. We trained with sales professionals, and a lot of the training wasn't as valuable as hands-on instruction in Operations would have been. Everything we needed to learn in Operations was taught in bits and pieces from current Operations staff just as various tasks needed to be completed. Many mistakes could have been avoided if training were focused on operations, and each of the processes were taught from start to finish.

Great place for ambitious people

Current Employee - Operations Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Operations Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

lots of programs available for moving up, talented employees encouraged to stay with the company, great health plan and competitive salary (with bonuses)

Cons

management slow to react on problems, need HR's approval to give warnings, etc, lots of red tape the higher up you go

There are newer employer reviews for Tiffany & Co.